Pages

Sunday, December 30, 2012

Lesson Examples



As promised, this post is about a book Dushko Petrovich wrote with Roger White. It's more of a compilation actually. They somehow got a variety of art educators to submit their favorite or least favorite art lesson assignments, and they brought them together in a book. I don't have the book yet, so I can't say much about its actual content, but there's an artforum interview of the team which might be more revealing. Even better, and in true multi-media fashion...there's an WNYC interview of them posted below.

From what I can gather, the book is primarily a collection of lesson examples. It's an idea that seems so obvious one might not consider it. This book, however, sounds inventive and full of real world variety. One can perhaps be overwhelmed with such a quantity, but a lack of breath in examples can feel rather suffocating. Anyway, I wish I had found this book sooner!




0 comments:

Post a Comment